|Hi my name is Willow Heath and I write this blog. I live in lovely Seattle and am originally from Alaska where I spent many years living on a remote homestead off-the-grid.
This is my blog about crazy good food, whole foods nutrition, inspiring food findings, and a healthy peppering of food politics for flavor.
Okay, I admit it I am a fierce food enthusiast. I geek out constantly on nutritional books, I have a library of them. I love food documentaries, food writing, food lectures, cooking, and food as medicine! While my girlfriends are running out to grab the hottest novel I am shamelessly scouring the cookbook, nutritional sciences, and natural healing sections of the bookstore.
My years living on the Alaskan homestead taught me how to prepare healthy food from scratch and to be inventive. Whereas the past many years in the city have taught me to appreciate restaurants and connecting with community through food.
- I have been an art instructor for over ten years and love to paint portraits (no not food..hmm).
- I am the person my family and friends turn to with their nutrition questions.
I love city life! And I adore Seattle.
- Every week I walk to the Pike Place Market to eat Crumpets and have tea with my husband and soon.
- My son has been writing a blog for two years and has really been a source of inspiration urging me to blog.
- I was born with a birth defect that left me with a list of food sensitivities.
- I love eating at fabulous restaurants and then recreating the recipes at home using healthy substitutes.
- I believe in food and love as medicine!
Thank you for reading this! Love, Willow